Employment Authorization

Houston Business Immigration Lawyers

Employers are always seeking high-qualified employees to join their organization. Oftentimes, a qualified individual may not be a citizen of this country and requires a work permit. At Azinge & Associates, P.C. Law Firm located in Houston, Texas, we have experience in assisting employers with work permits. We serve the entire Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, as well as representing clients nationwide and from many foreign countries.

If an employer can prove that labor is not available locally, it can bring in someone from outside of the country. Information technology and healthcare industries are common areas where foreign nationals are brought into the United States to work.

Many of the most qualified individuals and experts in those industries are located overseas. Employers who want the best and brightest will go through the process to secure select employees work permits. While the work permit process is lengthy and there are a set number of visas in any given year, a foreign national recognized as the top in his or her field can benefit from an accelerated process.

Below are categories of Work Authorization Visas:

H-1B: Person in Specialty Occupation: To work in a specialty occupation. Requires a higher education degree or its equivalent. Includes fashion models of distinguished merit and ability and government-to-government research and development, or co-production projects administered by the Department of Defense

H-1B1: Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Chile, Singapore Professional: To work in a specialty occupation. Requires a post-secondary degree involving at least four years of study in the field of specialization. (Note: This is not a petition-based visa).

H-2A: Temporary Agricultural Worker: For temporary or seasonal agricultural work. Limited to citizens or nationals of designated countries, with limited exceptions, if determined to be in the United States interest.

H-2B: Temporary Non-agricultural Worker For temporary or seasonal non- agricultural work. Limited to citizens or nationals of designated countries, with limited exceptions, if determined to be in the United States interest.

H-3: Trainee or Special Education visitor: To receive training, other than graduate medical or academic, that is not available in the trainee’s home country or practical training programs in the education of children with mental, physical, or emotional disabilities.

L: Intracompany Transferee: To work at a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the current employer in a managerial or executive capacity, or in a position requiring specialized knowledge.  Individual must have been employed by the same employer abroad continuously for 1 year within the three preceding years.

If you are looking to staff a newly-established operation with foreign nationals or to supplement your existing staff with an industry expert located overseas, contact the Azinge & Associates, P.C. Law Firm. Our attorney has helped many employers secure the work permits and the services of experienced and hard-working IT and nursing professionals they need to run a smooth business operation.

If you are in need of an affordable immigration attorney with experience in all aspects of US immigration law, call Azinge & Associates, P.C. Law Firm at (713) 771-2322. We can help you with any and all immigration needs you may have, from filing necessary paperwork, getting a visa to appearing in court. Call us today to get started on your case!

Get Help Today

Our Practice Areas