Criminal Alien Issues

Houston, Texas Immigration and Criminal Alien Lawyers

Committing a crime as a resident alien has different ramifications in criminal and immigration court. At Azinge & Associates, P.C. Law Firm, located in Houston, Texas, we defend our clients charged as criminal aliens in both legal arenas to keep them in the country. We also serve surrounding cities of Austin, Dallas, and San Antoni as well as representing clients nationwide and from many foreign countries.

If you are arrested as an illegal alien or illegal immigrant 90 days after your status ends, you will not be able to return to the United States for one year. More than 90 days will result in a five-year ban from re-entering the country. While we can file an immigration waiver on your behalf for the criminal alien charge, the process is complicated and cumbersome.

Since a criminal charge and issues can make you ineligible to reside in the country and put you into the deportation process, Azinge & Associates, P.C. Law Firm will work with a criminal lawyer when necessary on important matters that may influence your immigration status, such as sentencing guidelines. Our law firm routinely works with criminal defense attorneys nationwide, with the goal of attending to and resolving issues so they will not become a problem when you appear before an immigration judge at an immigration hearing.

Crimes range from misdemeanor DWI’s to major felonies. However, immigration court is much harsher on criminal aliens and treats misdemeanors as a criminal court would treat a felony. If you are convicted of a felony, you will lose eligibility for a green card and be put into removal proceedings.

Whether you are new to the country or a lifelong permanent resident since childhood, you could be deported if you are involved in a criminal act.

If you are in need of an affordable immigration attorney with experience in all aspects of US immigration law, call Azinge & Associates, P.C. Law Firm at (713) 771-2322. We can help you with any and all immigration needs you may have, from filing necessary paperwork, getting a visa to appearing in court. Call us today to get started on your case!

Get Help Today

Our Practice Areas